Apple | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher
I am so excited because today we have a special guest with us, Lisa from LiLo photography! She is going to be telling us how she has built her business over the last 10 years through the use of workflow automation and ultimately reducing the overwhelm so she could be home with her kids.
1. Tell me about yourself, your photography business, your family, your faith and more!
I’m Lisa! I have been married to my husband for 22 years and we have 3 teenage boys! I am a Christian who is so grateful for how the Lord has pursued me throughout my life as I have pursued him. Lastly, I am a photographer and owner of Lilo Photography.
2. Being in business for 10 years is quite the accomplishment – can you break down how your business evolved from year to year and what your timeline looked like?
Photography fell into my lap while I was a stay-at-home mom. I was looking for ways to provide for my family while still staying at home. After spontaneously taking someone’s family photos, someone I knew was looking for an assistant in their wedding photography business. I worked, learned, and started my own business from there.
3. What are your favorite business apps that have helped you move the needle? What are your favorite features?
When I first started photography, I started with software that my husband had gotten for free. I spent little money and never went into debt for my business. Now that I am 10 years in, I have found some things that are so helpful such as Photo Mechanic and Honeybook! Both of these have saved me so much time.
4. What specific workflows have you implemented that help you reduce the overwhelm so you don’t drop the ball with your clients?
I personally have workflows set up in Honeybook. The way honeybook is set up, it sends my reminders when I need to do something so I have less stuff to keep track of.
5. What mistakes have you made in the past with your business and workflows, and what advice can you give our listeners?
The one thing I would do differently is investing in education sooner. It can be expensive but it has been a game-changer in my business.
6. How has your relationship with God changed your business?
His timing was everything in my business! Even though in some seasons it seemed frustrating that I wasn’t where I thought I should be, I can look back and know I was where I was supposed to be. After years of relying on myself, I put it all on the altar and my business has exploded since. Truthfully adding God to every part of my business and trusting in him has been amazing.
“I am content to fill a little space if God can be glorified” – Susanna Wesley
7. Where can our listeners check you out?
I am most active on Instagram! You can find me HERE!
Truthfully, God can do so much with your business if you are willing to lay it down on the altar and trust Him. How can you lay your business and goals down at the altar this week?
I’m building a brand new community off of Facebook. Are you tired of constantly getting distracted by social media and not being uplifted when you do hope on? Join my private network here.
Join the 2-Week Unstoppable Hope Photography Business Challenge starting on Monday, October 25th. Sign up for 2 weeks of photography training to grow and scale your photography business.
Subscribe, leave a review on Apple, & email me a screenshot at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a FREE COFFEE!